was formed in 1961, by Brian Mylchreest, father of the current Managing Director David Mylchreest. The Mylchreest family were pioneers of the Isle of Man motor business; Brian's father having started Athol Motor Garage, Athol Street, Douglas in the 1920's.
During its early years the Mylchreests Group specialised in the entire range of cars prduced by the British Motor Corporation namely Austin, Morris, Riley, MG & Wolseley. With the formation of British Leyland in the latter part of the 1960's the Jaguar, Rover & Triumph franchises were added to the Company's portfolio. The company also handled Rolls-Royce, Bentley & Leyland Trucks and Vans for a number of years. Customers throughout the Island dealt with Mylchreests' at their branches in Douglas, Ramsey & Castletown.